Thursday 19 November 2009

Day 81 - 19th of November

11:54pm セミナーハウス
天気:晴れ
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!! Today was another very long, but productive day. Since it is almost at a close, I will be writing this into tomorrow, but anyway... I received a big shock this morning. Just after I went to bed, there came a knock on the door. Diego got up and opened it, and there was Aki (the other of our resident assistants) beckoning me to come out. Quickly getting my clothes on, I went out to the lounge, and was pleasantly surprised when everyone began singing happy birthday; there was even a cake. It is Yuji's birthday today also (he's 20). Both our names appeared on the cake, and we blew it out, and cut it together; it was highly amusing. Aki, and the other girls made the cake, and it tasted really good. Yuji and I both thanked every one. I felt so elated afterwards that it was hard for me to get back to sleep, but I did eventually.


Woke up to the morning at about 8 and made scrambled eggs for breakfast; since I didn't have any milk for cereal. I talked to my parents and grandparents and opened their wonderful cards. Got my history essay printed out, then went to uni. There are stalls and decorations going up everywhere in preparation for the festival. Throughout the day I received birthday wishes, and all my classes went by smoothly and enjoyably. After classes, I had to wait around for the singing booth meeting at 5 30. We all got to practice our songs one last time, and got told the schedule for Sat and Sun. Since Niky and I are in Koto club also, we're going to miss a few things, but it's fine. At the end of it, I received another surprise. Since I was the last to go practice singing, I came back to the room and the board had been covered with pictures and congratulations; I felt so overwhelmed, receiving a third "Happy Birthday" song. They even presented me with a card that everyone had written in; I feel so blessed to be around such caring people. I went grocery shopping afterwards, and managed to pick up all the ingredients I needed for my cake. Got home and found this beautiful flower arrangement with orange roses made by Carly.

Soon after dinner, Carly and I made the cake. It was a rather laborious affair; we made it from scratch. After 2 hours (including baking, in which we had to turn the dish periodically since the revolving plate in the microwave is broken) we were presented with a slightly lopsided chocolate cake. Nevertheless, it is definitely the best cake I've ever made, and one of the best I've ever tasted. And the awesome part is, there's enough batter to make another after we've finished eating this one; I am seriously happy. We made icing too, but that needed a little bit more time to set, so we just drizzled it over our slices. Wow though, it really is perfect; soft and moist, but not too sticky, and a little crispy on the outside. Anyway, all in all, today was a good day. The only drawback was the fact that I didn't speak to my little bro; I forgot. I feel really bad about it, so I'll have to see him tomorrow. Good bye birthday, hello Mr 19 year old...

No comments:

Post a Comment