Friday 20 November 2009

Day 82 - 20th of November

9:08pm セミナーハウス
天気:晴れ
Today was actually sunny, albeit cold. I spent the morning doing homework, and then rushed off to uni. Today was the first day of the international festival; there were so many stalls set up, and most of the buildings had been taken over. As I had class, I couldn't really appreciate it though, as I zigzagged my way through the crowds. In class today we had a bit of unexpected fun. We made 兜 (kabuto - samurai hats) out of newspaper so we could wear them. They're really easy to make; I felt like a kid sitting on the floor folding it; it was great. After class, I did my first interview for my CEL mini-project. Naomi graciously accepted to be interviewed last night at the meeting, so we met today in the CIE lounge. It only took about 15 minutes. I made my way home afterwards. I figured I'd be coming the the festival tomorrow and Sunday, so I'd look around then.

After lunch I felt really tired; it's been a long week and it's not over yet. Unfortunately that means I had a nap, and didn't wake up until almost 5:30. Of course, I felt like crap afterwards. I made a quick trip to Sanko to pick up some stuff for dinner, and then didn't end up using it anyway. I was going to make stew, but I made chicken parmigiana (again) instead; at least I finished off the spaghetti and the sauce. Finished off the cake afterwards; shared it round of course. It tasted even better today; the fridge had firmed it up. We've still got a whole heap of batter in the fridge, and even more icing, so we're going to have to make another soon. In truth, it's more like a brownie than a cake; it's not light or fluffy at all. But still, it's amazing. Anyway, going to try to have an early night tonight, make banana pancakes in the morning, and get to uni by 9 30. I'm so nervous about singing; I'm worried I'm going to forget the lyrics. But, I need to stay positive, and, if I mess up, it's not the end of the world; I'll get over it. I'm not nearly as worried about koto. We're performing Sakura sakura in groups of three, so at least we can cover for each other; it's going to be fun. Can't wait to hear the performances by the other girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment