Saturday 14 November 2009

Day 75 - 13th of November

天気:曇り
I had a lot of fun this morning making banana pancakes. I was really glad to use the bananas, cause they were getting old. I put them in the blender and blended them up, with a little bit of milk and Vanilla essence. The mixture was perfect with a bit more milk, and while they weren't of perfect shape, the end result tasted amazing. I talked with Dad afterwards about booking my plane ticket home. We decided that I'd just book online. So that was settled. I went to uni soon after and the new student teacher (Taka-san) took the class. It was fun, but a little confusing. I came home straight after, and got my PC@LL done; it was very difficult.

Got back, and had lunch, then did some more Japanese homework, before I had to go to singing booth practice. It was very cold, and I had a jumper and jacket, beanie and gloves. On the way I had my "Friday the 13th moment". As I was walking towards the uni, down the side road, the dog (a shiba) whom I always comment is so cute, came out of it's kennel and looked at me innocently. I decided to approach it; big mistake! As I put out my hand to let it sniff me, it viciously snapped at me, grabbing onto my jeans tightly. I freaked out and pulled back against it. I was thinking, "this dog might not let go"; I know how strong their jaws are. I persisted and it finally gave up "Riiiiiippp!!!"; hole in my jeans. I felt extremely lucky. 1. because the dog was on a short leash and, 2. because I'd earlier changed out of my black jeans into my blue ones beforehand for no apparent reason. So apart from my jeans, I got out of that one unscathed. I briskly walked away as it barked angrily. Phew; that was exhilarating.

Practice was short. Basically, we just got shown where we'd be sitting, and how we'd come on. It was finished within the hour. I walked back to the fast beat of the song of I was listening to, and decided on impulse, to go to Avail. I love shopping at Avail; it has so much great stuff. And today didn't disappoint. I came home with a shirt and two vests, two long sleeve shirts, and two packs of two pack underpants! And it all cost me exactly 6000円! The only let down are the shoes; they just don't make then in my size. I saw this awesome pair of lime green converse that would have gone great with my orange jeans; oh well. I saw Carly and Amber while I was in there.

Soon after getting back I booked my plane ticket successfully; I'm glad it's out of the way. For dinner I made Shepherd's pie. Since I only had two potatoes (and they are small potatoes), I decided to put in a carrot for mashing too. I also put in a packet soup mix, to bind the mince and veggies together. Put it together with grilled cheese on top and it was great. I even have a little left over; I think I'll put it with some rice. After dinner I went up and watched a movie with Carly on her computer (Pan's Labyrinth), taking up lots of goodies. The movie was really great albeit very violent in parts (it is rated R). Finally got to bed at about 12.

1 comment:

  1. Pan's Labyrinth ... interesting ...
    I heard about that movie ... but not in a positive light, unfortunately ... my friend Erica had a dream where a demon similar to the monster in that movie was terrorising someone learning an ancient demon language. It was really weird... it was the night of the full moon she was telling me this and I looked up and thought that night wasn't a good night to leave my crystals out for the night. I felt really weird around that time, too.
    It's funny you should watch that now ... hmm that's so odd...

    ReplyDelete