Tuesday 17 November 2009

Day 79 - 17th of November

11:34pm セミナーハウス
天気:雨天
Another miserable, rainy day. It was also a very long day. I didn't need to go shopping this morning, since I'd gone on Sunday, so I relaxed a bit, had lunch, then went out into the rain. After speaking, I went to McDonalds and got the new McFlurry (strawberry short cake). I know, I'm crazy eating ice cream in the winter, but it was so nice. I did a bit more research for my history essay, then went to class. I found myself falling asleep. It wasn't that it wasn't interesting, it was just that the room was so nice and warm. I hung out with Amber and Carly a bit after class, then went to koto. We didn't get that much practice in, since we had a big meeting at the beginning about our party after the INFES. We had a short session with the sensei, and then the last 1 and a half was the girls practicing; they need it more than us, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Sakura, sakura really isn't a very hard piece. I'm looking forward to practicing new things afterwards.

After koto Sean, Mark, Justin and I went with Saki sempai to Kuzuha mall to buy our zouri (scandals) and tabi (socks) for our kimono. We were supposed to go yesterday, but since that we inconvenient for me, and everyone else didn't mind going today... well yeah, it all worked out fine. So off we went, through the freezing cold to 御殿山駅 (Gotenyama station). Two stops down and at Kuzuha mall, we met sempai's mum; she's very cool. As soon as we got there, she made Mark carry her heavy shopping bag; it was so funny. We went to one shop that sold tabi-like socks, but they all had stupid designs on them; we wanted plain ones. So we went up to the kimono shop on the 3rd floor; the women who came with sempai's mum to help us with our kimono the other week works there. Luckily, they had zouri and tabi in our sizes, but they were pretty expensive. We also had to buy ties for our kimono. Justin and Mark opted to just buy the zouri and ties, while Sean and I bought tabi also (white). It was after 9 at this point and the rest of the shops had closed, so we hurried back down to the first floor.

We parted with sempai and her mum, and went into the grocery store. I didn't want anything in particular; it was all very expensive. But I did find a small glass dish, which I'm very happy about. I'm going to make a cake for my birthday in it; yay!!! Hungry and tired, I made my way home, picking up a bag of Mister Donut donuts on the way; they were cheap okay. Caught the train back to Makino and walked home. My ears were hurting from the cold by the end of it; stupid me for not bringing my beanie. I was 10 when I got home, and after answering some questions for Deigo I made chicken parmigiana for dinner, and had a heated up donut for dessert. So, I didn't get down here till 11, and now I just want to go to bed. I can do my Japanese homework tomorrow morning, and tomorrow afternoon is for history essay...

No comments:

Post a Comment