Tuesday 24 November 2009

Day 86 - 24th of November

11:54pm セミナーハウス
天気:雨天
The rain continues to dampen our spirits (no pun intended... well, maybe). Time has escaped me so I'll keep it short. I woke up at about 8:30, had breakfast, did some stretching (really need to do that more often), showered and then freaked out that I didn't have my script done for Japanese speaking. I quickly rushed off to uni at 10:30 with what I had, and hoped I'd meet Rachael beforehand. It was after my classroom came into view that I realised I didn't have class until 12. So, I went back down to the CIE lounge, bumped into Rachael, and spent the next hour working on the script. We still didn't have it done by the time 12 came round but we were getting there. Got in and got our last lesson test done. It was pretty good actually; hopefully my results reflect my confidence. After that, Rachael and I went to the cafeteria and I ate while working on the skit more. We got it pretty much done before I had to go to History; I left her typing the rest out, before handing it into sensei.

In History we watched a really old (well, from the 70's) Japanese Movie, "Ran". It was very confusing, and a little boring, and the SFX were very sketchy. Our professor was very kind to make us lots of popcorn though. We have to write a short reaction paper on it, but unfortunately I didn't get to watch it all since I had koto at 4:30; it went for about 3 hours I think. Oh well, I might borrow it out and watch the ending... maybe. Koto was good. Since the sensei didn't come, we didn't have to clean, and got straight into playing. We got new music today, including a piece from Totoro; yay!!! For this piece, we had to tune the koto in a new way (much like a piano), and that took a while. It also has three parts; koto 1 and 2, and the 17 string (bass) koto. I don't know if we have a bass koto; Mark said there was one upstairs? Koto 1 has the melody for the first bit, and then it goes to Koto 2, and then they come together in the last bit (melody and harmony).

We're going to have another small concert before the end of the year, and I hope we can perform the piece for that. We spent the last half having a meeting, trying to find another date to go out together before people return home. Every time a date was suggested, some one had some thing to do; it was a little frustrating. Finally, we decided on the 17th of Dec, but even that is tentative. By this time it was raining, and I was really glad I brought my umbrella. I went grocery shopping before returning home. It wasn't a very pleasant walk but, I had my music so it was bearable. Made yakisoba for dinner, and ate an apple that wasn't as crunchy as I would have liked. Unsatisfied, I swiped one of Diego's ice creams. Spent the rest of the night enjoying the fact that I don't have anymore homework for the rest of the semester, for Japanese speaking at least; soooo good. We're talking with the Gaidai students tomorrow in class. That should be... interesting. Anyway, enough, time for sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment