Friday 11 December 2009

Day 100 - 8th of December

11:11pm セミナーハウス
天気:晴れ
Another beautiful sunny day; it was nice and warm. I did my shopping this morning at Sanko. Only picked up a few things though; I thought it would be better to go to Kirindo and Fresco for savings. Came back, and did a little bit of work on my Japanese oral, before making lunch. I realised that the eggs I’d bought were going out of date very soon, so I made an omelette, and had it on toast. The new non-stick pan we got is excellent; it looked completely clean when I took the omelette out. I stuffed that down, with little time to spare, and was beckoned out the door by Carly; made it to class with moments to spare. Today, we practiced our oral (which will be done one-on-one with the teacher as before) with Japanese students. We are going in for a job interview and our teacher is the “manager” or a coffee shop. We have to use honorific language exclusively; it’s going to be tough. Got that to look forward to on Friday.

But before that, skit tomorrow. Rachel and I practiced (and goofed off) for a while after class before I had to go to history; very much a sleep inducing class. Before going to koto, I treated myself with an Oreo McFlurry; Makkas right there really isn’t helpful. Koto was… quiet. There were less than ten of us, and the sensei didn’t come. So, just more practice of hanagoromo and kaze no toorimachi. I decided to try the second koto part for kaze no toorimachi and it proved to be a bit of a challenge. I really want to do it for next week’s concert, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to. We finished up a little early, and then I went to do some more grocery shopping. Even though I have to walk further, and carry heavy bags home, I really think it’s worth it; I’m only spending about $40-$50 on groceries each week. I accidently bought another packet of pancake mix even though I already had one in the cupboard; it was cheap though. I had yakisoba for dinner, with heaps of vegetables, and an apple and banana (and one of Jo’s Mum’s gingerbread men) for dessert. I got to interview Yuji after 9, and he was very talkative and helpful. I got all my interviews done now, so I can start my report. I’m going to dedicate Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to it; force myself not to go out anywhere. Better get some sleep now, gotta get to uni early for some last minute practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment