Monday 14 December 2009

Day 106 - 14th of December

2:51pm 大学
天気:晴れ
In an empty classroom, just taking a break now. Carly's on Skype, and I should be studying for tomorrow's exam, but I'm not... I woke up at 7:30 this morning, thanks to Diego. It was a good thing though, because I had to get ready before the exam at to I got a chance to talk with my family beforehand though; I'd missed them on the weekend. The exam went pretty well I think; it was actually a bit easier than I'd expected. It's tomorrow's Speaking Japanese exam that I'm really worried about. After the exam, I sat with Amber and her boyfriend for a little while, then went t the computer lab to print off my report. It felt so good getting that out of the way. After handing it in to the professor's office, I went to the cafeteria for lunch... The Christmas box came today. I'm so excited, but I don't want to open it yet; I want to wait. It is very tempting though. So yeah, now just waiting for concert at 6.

10:58pm セミナーハウス
The night is almost done. I didn't end up getting back till about 9, had dinner (defrosted stew), and been doing a bit on the computer. The concert went really well, and while only a handful of people showed up to watch, it was a very rewarding experience. Around 4, Carly and I went to the convenience store, and then I got a vanilla milkshake from Makkas. Then we made our way over to the club building, meeting up with Niky on the way. Marika was already there, with some of the Japanese girls. Mark and Sean arrived soon after; so it was just the five of us representing the international students. We spent until 6 practicing, and then audience members began to arrive. It took the girls another half an hour to tune all the koto, and then we were finally ready to perform (in the mean time Mark was entertaining us with his impersonation of characters from Dynasty wars - a PS2 game fighting game - brought on by the fact that Midori sempai was playing the flute, and one of the characters in the game wielded a golden flute). He'll be leaving in a week; I'll miss his humour.

So, of course, we were first up playing kaze no toorimachi. I managed to get the second koto part out quite well; we all did a good job. My trusty camera-girl Carly was there recording the whole thing. The girls then played Jingle Bells, and Silent Night, and we couldn't help but to sing along (they actually played Silent Night twice, just so we could sing again). Then they played 篝火 (kagaribi - bonfire), with Midori accompanying on flute; such a beautiful piece. We then played hanagoromo, and I botched that up quite a bit unfortunately. Finally, the girls showed off their superior skills by playing an arranged version of Sakura sakura; much more technical than the basic one we played.

And that was that. It was a lot of fun, but at the same time, it's kinda sad that it's over; I really hope I can continue next semester. We do still have practice tomorrow with Sensei though, but I don't think many people will be showing up due to study and papers. After packing up, Carly and I left for Kirindo and Fresco to pick up a few things, then headed home. Got a bag of 蜜柑 (mikan - mandarin) for just 150円; they are so tasty here. So now I have no money, not that I need it. I'll be going to get my new card on Wednesday so I can get money out then. Anyway, bed time; do a bit of study in the morning. Got my exam at 11:40. And then I'll just have to wait around for practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment