Friday 18 December 2009

Day 110 - 18th of December

11:12pm セミナーハウス
天気:寒い
I didn’t end up getting back till 4:30 in the morning. Karaoke was so much fun. Although it was expensive, we got free refills. I was switching rooms throughout the night, and the Japanese girls were really impressed by my singing skills, xD. I ordered a caramel parfait while I was there. It was so good, with tiramisu cake, and chocolate biscuit, and cream and nuts, and strangely, frosty flakes; the same ones I eat for breakfast. I added a great texture though; it’s certainly given me a good idea of what to put in my ice cream when I get back. We had a bit of a scare at about 3. The TV suddenly shut off, and a voice came over the speaker; a fire warning! The Japanese girls understood straight away, freaked and got us to quickly move out of the room. We were in the corridor for less than a minute before they came over the speakers again saying everything was fine; what a relief. So the TV came back on, and we continued. The last song I sang was with Midori sempai. I had never heard the song before, but I screamed out the lyrics (musically of course) nevertheless; it was great.

Some of the group decided to continue on, but Midori, Saki, Justin, Niky, Mark, Sean and I left. Giving Chiharu the money, and saying our goodbyes, we took the elevator down, and out into the cold. From there we all split up; Niky took a taxi home, Midori went with her boyfriend, Sean made his way back to Kuzuha on foot (so far!!!), and Justin, Mark, and I walked back to the seminar houses. I was really appreciative of that, because they both had bikes and could have just ridden home. We talked about differences between Australia and America, ethical issues, and language; a very riveting conversation. I made a comment about wishing I had a bike, and they both offered theirs to me for free. I was so taken aback, but extremely happy, and of course accepted. I’ll be taking both; one for me, and the other to give to someone new who wants one next semester. I’ll be picking them up tomorrow.

I didn’t end up getting out of bed until 11; I still had cereal for breakfast though. Diego had already left for Kyoto with Jessica. Carly and I on the other hand, went to Kansai Gaidai to pick up my results from CEL. I was so surprised; I got 98 out of 100 for the quiz and a 92 for my report. I also got three letters from Nanny and Poppy, which was a little odd. I’m not going to open then till Christmas though. We decided to have another look at the exhibition and take some pictures this time. After that, we went into Hirakata, to cancel Carly’s account, get me some tooth paste. Getting back, we had lunch (at 4), and said our goodbyes to Amber; she left with her boyfriend. I got so much leftover food from her, and several other people. Boxes have been placed in the kitchen where people can put there unfinished containers. This has created a free for all for us who are staying over winter; my poor cupboard is already bulging. There are also boxes for clothes, books, shoes, toiletries, hangers etc. downstairs, which I will also raid at some point.

Carly and I were going to meet Jessica and Diego in Arashiyama, but we left it too late; it was already dark and freezing. And, Diego and Jessica were already leaving. We did make a quick trip to Sanko though. Since we had such a late lunch we didn’t end up eating until 9; I had yakisoba. Feels so good to have everything over and done with. Well, have to get the room inspection done on Tuesday; gotta make sure everything’s in order. I think I’m going to have a big clean up tomorrow. So many people have left already; the futon are piling up outside the elevator. Ash and I were talking about how fun it will be to share our knowledge with the people coming aboard next semester; I can’t wait. She and Katie have moved in together now since Amber’s gone; I hope they don’t get sick of each other. Anyway, it’s late and I need sleep…

No comments:

Post a Comment