Wednesday 30 December 2009

Day 117 - 25th of December

1:23pm 特急
天気:曇り
I’m on the rapid express to Tambabashi, where I’ll change over for Kyoto station on the Kinsetsu line. I won’t write much since I’m standing. Gosh it’s hot today though; I’m disappointed…

1:26pm 特急
Okay, now I’m sitting down, just left Kuzuha. So yeah, I put my huge warm coat on and feel disgusting. I think I’ll put it in my suitcase. I realise it’s a bit of a late start, but I should make it there a little after 3; it’ll be fine. This morning was really nice. Seeing everyone and the smiles on their faces as they opened the presents we spoke for about two hours. The two boxes arrived on time, but I forgot to ask them about the postcards; hopefully they made it. I gave everyone in the dorm I could find a candy cane, and left one for my roommate. When I got to Hirakata station, I wanted to go to the ATM; that didn’t happen. The line was coming out the door. I was also really surprised that the bank was even open; Christmas really isn’t that important here. Not much else to say… oh just wanted to add that the train is relatively quiet; the fact that I’m sitting down is a rarity. I guess most people aren’t travelling, but I guess that makes sense.

1:44pm 丹波橋
I’m in Tambabashi, and I thought I was lucky, getting here for the limited express, but when it came in, I realised that you needed a different ticket, which is more expensive…

1:52pm 急行
Oh well, now I’m on the express and I even get to sit down. I’ll get to Kyoto, soon enough…

2:16pm 新幹線
Phew, just made it on in time. Going to take some video…

2:35pm 新幹線
I’m sitting on my suitcase, right in front of the door, watching the world rapidly speed past; it’s spectacular. So many Shinkansen have gone past already; and you can feel it every time one goes past. Since I got a non-reserved ticket, there aren’t any seats, so although the suitcase isn’t comfortable, at least I can sit down, and get a great view. See you soon Alex…

2:47pm 新幹線
Wow, I’m already here; that took only 30 minutes!!!

3:20pm 名古屋駅
Out the front of the station, waiting for Alex. Just had Makkas for lunch; feeling great, xD. I’m in Nagoya; that’s so cool!!! 4th largest city in Japan, and uncharted territory for me; this is Alex’s town.

4:00pm 特急
On the limited express to 金山 (Kamayama) with Alex. It took us a while, but we finally found the right train…

5:04pm 名城線
On the train to 栄 (Sakae). Just came from my accommodation. I can see why it’s so cheap. The rooms are so tiny!!! 4 people are squished into a space half the size of my dorm; it’s probably even smaller than my room at home. Oh well, it’s only for sleeping. I’ve already met one of my bunkmates; a guy from Perth. Alex was having a good old conversation with him. Have to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment