Friday 11 December 2009

Day 102 - 10th of December

天気:曇り
Since there were oral finals today, I didn’t have to go in until 12 this morning. That left me with plenty of time to study for my CEL quiz. Today was my last Reading and Writing class. I really liked our sensei. She was kind, and helpful, and taught us well. At the end of class, Amber and I got a photo with her. I went straight from there to CEL, and got the quiz done in about 40 minutes. It was really easy actually, except for one of the short answer questions I had to think about for a while. I feel very confident about it at least. After that was my last history lesson and we made it to the end of pre-modern history; just before the Meiji restoration. I am seriously considering taking another of the professor’s classes. He’s a vast sea of knowledge, he’s pretty laidback when it comes to assignments, and he takes his classes on awesome field trips. See what happens anyway.

Carly and I left for home, after I picked up a shinkansen discount from the CIE. I’m going to go and by ticket tomorrow to Nagoya; visiting Alex for Christmas. Ash recommended this really cheap hostel that she and her friend stayed at, and I’m going to book that tomorrow too. Before dinner, Carly and I went to Sanko to pick up a few things. Well, I really didn’t intend to buy anything, but of course. I was supposed to be cooking gyudon with Amber tonight, so I had to wait for her return. When she did return however, she said she wasn’t hungry but would give me the recipe anyway. So I made it by myself (it’s really easy), with a few tips from Bianca, who was incidentally cooking the same thing. Basically, cut the meat (beef) and onion into strips. Boil the meat in water (Bianca’s tip), while frying the onions. Then add the meat to the pan, along with mirin (cooking sake), and a bit of soy sauce and sugar. Serve on top of rice. Gosh, it was so good!!! The meat was so tender and flavour-packed. I think I’m going to make it again on the weekend with the rest of my meat; I’ve already got heaps of rice left over. Basically spent the rest of the night preparing for my oral tomorrow. I’m pretty nervous about it…

No comments:

Post a Comment