Tuesday 22 December 2009

Day 112 - 20th of December

10:11am 特急
天気:曇り
Carly and I are on the limited express from Hirakata to Kyobashi. We had a pretty late start, but we’re off now. Walked to Makino this morning, and it was freezing. Hopefully don’t get back too late tonight. Anyway, first stop: Osaka Castle!

10:33am 京橋
Lol, we just ran onto the train in Kyobashi, thinking we were set, then the guy came down saying it wasn’t in service. So now we’re waiting for the next one, to go one station down to 大阪城公園 (Osakajokoen – Osaka Castle Park).

1:38am 長堀鶴見緑地線
We’re on the subway now, heading toward Shinsaibashi. It was really great seeing the castle again. Although we didn’t go in, we spent a lot of time exploring the grounds and taking in the view of the city. Coming out of the station, the place was packed. There was some sort of convention going on in the hall nearby. We steered well clear of the food booths, already hungry. We went to the 豊國神社 (Houkoku Jinja – “Bountiful Country Shrine”) on the castle grounds, and witnessed the beginnings of a Shinto wedding. We got some great views of the city atop the parapet, and strolled around the jogging track, through the park and past some unicyclists toward Morinomiya were we went down into the subway. I’m so hungry, and we’re going to Sweets Paradise for lunch; all you can eat dessert buffet!!! It’s going to be epic.

3:23pm スィーツパラダイス‐心斎橋
I’m so full already!!! We’re in Sweets Paradise, with 30 minutes left and I can’t eat another bite; I feel sick! This was supposed to be such a good idea but, oh my gosh. After two plates of cakes, a plate of spaghetti, and ice cream, I feel terrible. Well, it was really cheap 1480円, and I definitely think I ate my monies worth. Finding the place was a little difficult, but with the help of two nice ladies, we were on our way; it was on the 6th floor of a department building (having the whole floor to itself). We had to make a reservation and then come back in half an hour, which wasn’t so bad, except for the fact we were starving, and seeing all the wonderful food was making it worse. So we went to Loft across the way, and found Diego another Christmas present; a tiger amulet. Getting back, we got our ticket out of the machine (which we kept as a souvenir), and were seated. Overawed, we got stuck into it; the set up is great. Next stop, Pokémon centre, if we can move…

6:50pm 大阪環状線
We’re on the Osaka loop line… well now we’re in Noda. We got on the wrong train, and were going around the loop in the wrong direction. Not that it would have mattered; just would have taken longer that’s all. Gosh, the chime for the train is so annoying here. But anyway, we want to get back soon because we’re going to meet Diego in Hirakata and have dinner at Saizeriya. The Pokémon centre was great, once we found it after a little help for Diego on the phone. It was a bit smaller than I expected, but still really cool; I got heaps of great stuff for Ben. This month is Eevee month, and they have all the evolutions (and Eevee) for sale in plushie form. And you know what Carly did, she went and bought the whole lot of them; all eight. It’s in Umeda, and I wanted to go to Yodobashi Camera as well (this humongous electronics store) but we didn’t have time. But, we did go on the HEP 5 Ferris wheel, on top of a building nearby; it was really cool to see Osaka lit up at night from high up. We could even see the castle…

7:00pm 大阪環状線
Okay, now we’re going in the right direction. I’m writing with the lead from Carly’s mechanical pencil, and it’s just not working, so I’m going to stop now…


Just began cleaning, and clearing things out; so much paper going to waste. I did pick up a few textbooks though, which is really cool. Diego’s going tomorrow; his inspection is at 9 then he’s out of here. We’re going to see him and Jessica off at Hirakata, and then go to the Toji flea market. After getting back to Hirakata, we went to Saizeriya and had our last dinner out with Diego; it was quiet so we got in straight away. After that, we got the bus back, out of the freezing cold. Diego got off at the library, and Carly and I went the next stop down to seminar house 4, to try to pick up my bike. After talking with the Okaasan, I got the keys, and went out to the parking area and found it. Walked back to seminar house 2, parked it, and went in to let Otousan know about it. I tried to explain to situation, but I had to get Yuji to come down and help; silly me had not read the procedures for bikes. I was supposed to get the crime prevention slip from Mark, and go down to the bike shop with him, and get the name changed over. Now the bike will just be taken away and recycled. I’m a bit disappointed but, I survived one semester without a bike so I can survive another.

No comments:

Post a Comment