Friday 11 December 2009

Day 99 - 7th of December

天気:晴れ
Today was okay; the beginning of a very long week of assessment. And to start things off, a lesson test in Speaking at 9; the last of the lesson tests. I did okay, I think. After that, since I had a two hour break, I decided to go get my cash card problem sorted out. I realised I didn’t have my passbook, so I walked home first. It was a good thing I did, because I had also forgotten to pack my tsume. I took the bus down to the station, and promptly made my way to the bank. The lady I talked with was really helpful, and it ended up being really simple, as soon as I explained my situation to them in Japanese. I just had to fill out a form with my name and address, signature and pin. I retain the pin number, but the card was rendered useless. I thought it was funny that the lady asked my permission before cutting the card with scissors; that’s Japan though. It takes a week for them to process a new card for me, but thankfully I can still withdraw money from my account directly from the bank; and that’s where the passbook came in handy.

It was a little after 11 when I got out, and I was feeling a hungry, so I got some lunch from Makkas, eating it as I walked back to university. It proved to be a messy ordeal, and I got tomato sauce and mayonnaise all over the front of my bag, and badges; whoops. It was very tasty though, so totally worth it. I got back just in time for Reading and Writing, and a kanji quiz; yay… I did fine in that though. After that, my last CEL lesson; wow. We had some more discussion about foreigners in Japan, international marriages in Japan, and issues surrounding naturalisation. We also had the evaluation form to fill out at the end of the class (I’ve already done them for all my other subjects). Overall, it was a pretty interesting class; it’s definitely broadened my knowledge of Japan. During the wait before koto, I managed to interview too more people, a guy from CEL and Amber’s Japanese boyfriend. The later was unexpected and quite spur of the moment, but I’m glad I was able to talk to him.

In koto, I practiced hanagoromo and “Kaze no toorimachi” (from Totoro) for a while, and then got the opportunity to interview Ryoko sempai. We ended up having a very interesting and insightful conversation, which was great for me, and great for her too; she got to practice her English. After koto, I decided to go straight home. I had no beanie, cause I left it somewhere in uni, so my ears got really cold. Luckily, Amber found it and dropped it back to my room. I have a bad habit of leaving things behind, but most things find their way back to me; I guess I’m lucky like that. I had dinner (leftover shepherd’s pie with rice), and then put away my laundry, which I had brought in this morning. Chatted with Amber for a while, then got to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment