Monday 14 December 2009

Day 105 - 13th of December

天気:曇り
Another cloudy day; perfect weather to be stuck inside all day. And that I was. I fiercely worked at my report and was able to get it done; 16 pages and 4000 words later. And had drink breaks throughout the day, which for me is always helpful when writing a report; when I get up and move around, it helps me think. And of course, I had a rather large break at lunch time. I made scrambled eggs, and egg, tomato, and cheese toasted sandwiches; very fulfilling. And it help me to get through to dinner. I had completely forgotten about the farewell party, and when it was announced over the intercom, I was really surprised. Most people will be leaving by next week, and since we have exams all this week, tonight was the best night for it; it's all come to an end so quickly. We had a make-it-yourself sushi party in the dining room. Basically, get a square sheet of 海苔 (nori - seaweed), plonk a bit of rice on it, and add any fillings you wanted; fried egg, raw fish, crab, cucumber, lettuce etc.

I had a few, but also had to eat the leftovers from last night. Everyone was being bombarded by flashing cameras; it was a lot of fun. Our RA's even wrote letters to all of us; I gave them both hugs. It died down after about an hour, and then I went back to my paper. The kitchen beckoned me once more however, for cleaning at 9. I stayed up there while Carly made cookies, and talked with Katie, Ash and Eaaf. The cookies turned out a little dry, but they were okay; can't expect too much from a packet mix. Next time, I want to make them from scratch. Finally finished my report at about 11:30, and then got to bed. Diego and I talked about the immediate future; how he would be going back to America, and I would be staying here. I think that since I got the hang of things here now, next semester will be even better, or at the very least, easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment