Tuesday 22 December 2009

Day 113 - 21st of December

10:58 普通電車
天気:晴れ
Carly and I are on the train back to Hirakata from 門真市 (Kadomashi), where Diego and Jessica left for the Osaka monorail to the Airport. Jessica will be leaving for America this afternoon, and Diego will be staying in a hotel for his plane tomorrow morning… We’ve just been kicked off the train and are now in 萱嶋 (Kayashima), and are waiting for the next train. So yeah, this morning we were up at 7, getting the room ready (well at least Diego’s side) for his inspection at 9. It ended up being Okaasan’s fastest, at just 7 minutes; something for me to beat tomorrow. Diego was seen off, and then we left for the bus with his two big suitcases. I decided to film the bus ride, and we had a bit of a running commentary about his time in Japan. At Hirakata station, we had to wait for Jessica to arrive. Carly and I decided to buy our tickets for Toji then, so we could go through with Diego and help him with his luggage. Diego, a little anxious, decided we should go and wait on the platform. Jessica wasn’t picking up her phone for some reason, so we didn’t know where to meet her. Eventually, we found out that she was waiting in front of Uniqlo, so we went back down and found her; she was with her host Mum and Brother. Since they were in a bit of a hurry, we were a little hasty and went back up to the same platform, to find that it was the wrong one, so we had to quickly get over to the next one. We just made onto the limited express.

It was only after we got on did we realise it would not be stopping at Kadomashi, but would be going directly to Kyobashi. Luckily, doing it this way would work out taking about the same time anyway. By getting off at Kyobashi and taking the local train back, there were fewer stops. Between the four of us, we made all the trains just in time, and I enjoyed taking Diego’s large suitcase up and down the stairs; it was a great workout. I got a bit of film of us on the trains, and then of our final farewell; they crossed the ticket gate and we could go no further. We watched them disappear from view, and then made for the train, only to turn around and see them going in the other direction; lolz, I wish I would have gotten it on film. I’m going to miss Diego; the room already felt empty without him this morning. But, I’m excited to get a new roommate too…

11:22am 枚方市駅
Now we’re in Hirakata station, waiting for the rapid express to Tambabashi...

11:56am 丹波橋駅
Waiting about 10 minutes for the train to Toji. So hungry; going to eat as soon as I get to the flea market. Just snacked on a メロンパン (melon pan – half-melon-shaped bread), but that just wasn’t at all satisfying.


The flea market was intense! It was so much bigger than last time; absolutely jam-packed. We were directed to the side gate past some amazing bonsai; some were huge. There was just a continuous stream of people. Our first stop was the たい焼き (taiyaki – fish-shaped batter filled with sweet bean, chocolate, custard etc.) stall. Since they only have sweet bean or custard, we opted for the custard, and happily munched on them as we made our way through the crowds. I saw so many great things there and can’t wait to have a really good look. Today was just a quick trip though, because Carly and I had to get back to clean our rooms for inspection. Carly was able to complete her kimono, finding an obi and sash. We saw Katie and Ash there (as well as many other students from Kansai), and Ash told my about a stall selling the Japanese imperial uniform and coats. I found it a bit later; so cool, but too small for me.

As we were browsing, this lady gave Carly the rest of her cup of fried sweet potato. Carly said she just looked at it, and then the lady offered us the whole thing; such kindness. I had okonomiyaki for lunch, and bought a necklace for Carly for Christmas; we decided she would choose it and I’d buy it. It’s a leaf-shaped crystal with an owl inside; since I was nicknamed búho (owl in Spanish) by Diego because of the sounds I make, xD. I even got it at a discount since we were students; so awesome. We wandered through to the front entrance, and then left for home. When we were at Toji station, it snowed for a few minutes; it was sunny for the rest of the afternoon though. At home, I had fun cleaning, and rearranging my desk; I’m really happy with how it’s turned out. Ended up cleaning until dinner, and I made gyudon; I love it now. I got to keep Carly’s mirin too. Spent the rest of the night just chilling, and talking with Carly.

No comments:

Post a Comment