Thursday 10 December 2009

Day 96 - 4th of December

10:30pm セミナーハウス
天気:曇り
Well, I didn't end up going out tonight. 1. Because they were going to an 居酒屋 (izakaya - bar) so I didn't want to risk going underage and 2. because I have no money anyway. You see, after my Japanese class, I went to get out money from the ATM and somehow my brain switched the order of my pin number. So, the ATM denied my card. I didn't realise at first, so I went to the CIE to let them know. It was only when I was talking to the women there that I remembered my actual pin number. So I thanked her, and went back to try again. I knew now for sure that I was putting in the correct number. Still, no luck. Now I was a bit disgruntled and thought about just going home; I didn't though. Instead, I went back to the CIE and talked with a guy this time. He kindly accompanied me to the ATM to see what the problem was. The English version just said please inquire at the office, but when he read the Japanese version it said I had put in the wrong pin more than three times and therefore I had to go to the branch and get a new card; I felt so stupid.

So yeah, since the bank closes at 3 on weekdays, I had no time to go this afternoon, so I'm going to go tomorrow. I got back home, got my reading and writing homework done and ate lunch. It seemed that everyone was out drinking tonight, so it was nice and quiet in the kitchen. I made Shepherd's pie and watched TV. There's an interesting song on at the moment called おなら恥ずかしくないよ (Onara hazukashikunai yo - don't be embarrassed about farting). It's hilarious. The main singer is a cross dresser and, along with his two back-up dancers, farts love hearts. We've tracked down the video on the Internet, and are trying to find the lyrics to translate. The tune is actually really catchy. Before the music video begins, there's a short scene of a woman in a public place, worrying about "passing wind". I guess the song is basically promoting the fact that it's okay for women to fart in public. The song has been on all week on this particular show; only in Japan hey! After that, the ice skating came on, so we watched that for a bit, while Carly made french toast. Going to eat that tomorrow with my banana pancakes. Anyway, time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment