Friday 25 December 2009

Day 116 - 24th of December

11:15pm セミナーハウス
天気:曇り
It’s Christmas Eve, but it really doesn’t feel like it. If I were at home, I would have been helping Mum put the Christmas presents around the tree. Instead, I’ve been packing for Nagoya tomorrow; can’t wait to see Alex. We’ve planned to go find a nice restaurant to eat at, and then pull an all-nighter at karaoke; Alex won’t be able to get back into her dorm till at least 7am. At least with ours, we have a key and can come in at any time. Anyway, today… Well, I got up late (I’m starting to make a bad habit of that), had the last of the cereal, and then found out from Yuji that my new roommate would be coming today or tomorrow; okay cool, I thought. Then, as I was going back to my room, Otousan came over and told me that my roommate would be coming today; soon! So I thought, okay, I’ll just have a quick shower and then be ready.

Just as I was getting into the shower, Otousan came through with him; whoops. It was all good though; after getting out I went to introduce myself to Ryan. He’s from New York City, he’s already been here a semester, he’s an Asian Studies major, and has a Japanese girlfriend. I know this because he will be spending Christmas with her; he’s already left. He’s also informed me that I’ll probably only see him on Monday’s and Tuesday’s; this is going to be weird. I’m kinda disappointed, but I guess some alone time will be good for me. So, I left him at his computer, wishing him a Merry Christmas, as I went off to uni at about 1:30. There, I checked my mail, got a new ID card (having been accepted to continue my studies here next semester), and had lunch; ah my beloved katsudon.


Shortly after, I made my way back to find myself alone once more. I finished off as much as I could for dinner tonight; 5 eggs, mushrooms, Diego’s tomatoes, and Jacinthe’s capsicum and spring onion she left for me. And, I just ate a heap of mandarin, and some cake, so just got rice and 4 eggs left for tomorrow; unfortunately I had to throw away Jacinthe’s milk. Oh yeah, and I got to do my washing today; finally. I folded all that, packed what I needed, and uploaded some more video to my computer. Now, time for bed. Merry Christmas…

No comments:

Post a Comment